One of the aims of our program is to give our PhD students the feeling that they belong to a family. The large amount of social activities organized during the initial phase of the program in particular certainly contributes a lot to this feeling.
Another factor might be the corporate identity elements of the school, such as the following:
- Logo(s): Upon its foundation in 2007, BIG-NSE created a logo that is still in use today. After becoming the "Einstein Center of Catalysis in 2019, the doctoral program created a second logo reflecting its relation to the Einstein Foundation Berlin. Both logos are currently used in parall or in alternation, depending on the purpose. The BIG-NSE logo can be downloaded here, the EC2 one here.
- A BIG-NSE flyer was also created as early as 2007 and has since been updatd regularly. You can download the latest version (2016) here as a PDF file. A flyer for EC2/BIG -NSE is in the works.
- A BIG-NSE poster has existed for a while as well: See the PDF A4 version here. An updated EC2/BIG-NSE version is also currently being developed.
- Presentations given by representatives of EC2/BIG-NSE, PhD students or management staff all use the same template.
- A BIG-NSE t-shirt was created in the first years of the school's existence. No newer version of it detailing its relation to the Einstein Foundation has been planned so far.
- A BIG-NSE pin that BIG-NSE students and other representatives can wear discretely on their clothes at conferences was also produced. It is still in use. The PhD students held a mini competition to determine the design of the pin.