Usually, except for the letters of recommendation, application documents mainly have to be submitted online through the application portal.
This year, due to a last minute update of the server software, applications will have to be sent by email to the following address:
- All application documents have to be written in (or translated into) English!
- All files (see list below) have to be sent in PDF format
- All application files (except for the recommendation letters: see below) should be sent at the same time. It means that you should wait until you have all files ready before submitting your application per email. If it is not possible to send all files with one email, because the attachment is then too big, the files can be sent using several emails in a row. But applications where files are sent on different dates might be discarded.
- Alternatively, in case some files are too big to be sent by email, a link to a download page of all files can be sent. Here too, it is expected than the files to be downloaded are final.
- The files should be named according to the nomenclature defined below.
- Exotic characters (like \, %, [ or ä) should not be contained in the file name.
The required application materials consist of:
|1||The completed application form||1_Form_Your_last_name|
|Your curriculum vitae (CV)||3_CV_Your_last_name|
|Scanned copies of your Master's /Bachelor's certificates/transcripts||4_Transc_Your_last_name|
|A statement of financial resources||5_Fin_Your_last_name|
|6||Proof of your proficiency in English||6_Engl_Your_last_name|
|7||Other documents you might wish to submit (further certificates, publications, etc.)||7_Misc_Your_last_name|
|* Please put your own last name at the end of the file names|
|8||Two letters of recommendation (to be sent DIRECTLY by your referees to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org).|